The Shire of Northampton has been successful in receiving funding from the Department of Sport and Recreation to administer the KidSport program.
KidSport makes it possible for eligible children to join a not-for-profit sport or recreation club, by contributing up to $200 towards paying club registration and other agreed fees.
To be eligible children must;
- Live within the Shire of Northampton
- Be aged 5 – 18 years
- Have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card
If you do not have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card, but suffer from financial difficulty you may visit a KidSport referral agent (one of the local school principals) to determine if you are eligible to receive funding.
Applicants can apply for KidSport funding to pay fees for a number of registered clubs. Funding is only available to cover fees of clubs that are registered for KidSport with the Shire of Northampton. The list of registered clubs is continually growing, if the club you would like to join is not currently registered, please contact our Community Development Officer on 99341202 to discuss if it is eligible to become a registered club.
How to apply
- Ensure you meet ALL the eligibility criteria
- Complete KidSport Application Voucher, which can be obtained below or by visiting the Shire of Northampton Offices during normal office hours
- Parent/Guardian must complete all sections of the Application Voucher
- Send the completed voucher to the Shire of Northampton to have the voucher validated. Ensure you bring your health care card/pension concession card/referral form.
Alternatively you can post your completed voucher, along with a copy of your health care card/pension concession card/referral form to:
Community Development Officer
Shire of Northampton
PO Box 61 Northampton WA 6535
Once your postal application has been processed it will be returned to you via post.
Validated application vouchers must then be presented to selected clubs to complete the registration process.
Download a Kidsport Application voucher